Sunday, October 16, 2011

More Fall Color

I thought I would share some more fall color and discovered that it's not easy to catch the brilliance.
This is the bush outside our front door that I shared a couple of weeks ago--it is much prettier now than then, but it doesn't look much different in the picture.  Oh well, it is still pretty.



These trees are across the driveway from our apartment--we can see them from our dining room window and I enjoy watching them at lunch time.  Their color is much deeper, too.

We pass this tree on our way to and from work every day.  It's colors are brilliant orange.

This tree is in the church yard next to our office.  Beautiful yellow and orange leaves on the same tree!

I don't know what kind of tree this is, but I've never seen leaves quite like this.  They turn this lovely color of red just a few leaves at a time, while all the rest remain a deep green.  I think I came close to catching the real color in this picture.

This tree is a beautiful bright yellow and stands across the driveway by our office.  We had a rain storm Friday afternoon with really heavy wind and the tree is almost bare now.  When we went out to get in our car after work, it was plastered with little yellow leaves.  After two days of driving, there are still some leaves clinging to parts of the car.
So, if any of you have any suggestions on how to get a better picture of the true brilliance of these trees, I would sure like to hear them.  As you can see in some of the pictures, there are still plenty of trees that haven't changed color and I would really like to catch it in color.

No comments:

Post a Comment